As we know, healthy neighborhoods generate from an effective recreational program for kids and families; a program that offers a safe place to go, and good mentoring that develops pride in oneself and camaraderie among peers. Creating effective recreational programming helps kids in our community that are otherwise prone to mischief. That’s why we have worked so hard to adapt to the needs and interests of our youth.
We found that Billiards seemed to be a favorite recreational pastime for many of our youth participants, so we became committed to creating a program to promote a lifelong love of Billiards, potentially building the next generation of players by providing them the necessary fundamentals needed to develop their skills. Our vision for this program, as it continues to grow, is to eventually provide opportunities for our youth to participate in nationally recognized events.
Youth Billiards Lessons
Saturdays, 10am – 12pm
The Break Room
501 E. 4th St.
The Purpose of Billiards Club
- Teach kids the principles of billiards.
- Teach kids how to improve on the necessary fundamentals of their game.
- Teach kids how to play in a fun, competitive sport with good sportsmanship.
- Provide these kids with the much needed structure an effective after school billiards program can give.
The Potential Benefits
- Creating tremendous confidence.
- Incentive for improvement in behavior.
- Potentially creating a life-long pool player.
- Provide opportunities for achievement.
Thank you to our local sponsor, The Break Room, for their support in making this program a success. They have generously donated use of their establishment, billiard equipment, and have experienced pool players lined up to help with lessons.